Clekpal Hpally/Protadin

Hi all! unlike in school I appear to have over answered these questions..probably just out of nervousness...

TLDR: Casual player since vanilla, never had schedule to raid, UNTIL RECENTLY! (que epic battle music)

1) Provide a semi-detailed history of your WoW playing experience. Feel free to talk about your raiding experience, any guilds you were previously in, etc. Please include any details regarding any leadership positions you may have held in guilds.

I got into wow months after the release. Some friends in school ranted and raved about it and we were pretty tight on Diablo2 at the time. Didn't take long for me to start and get hooked. Before I knew it I was a lvl 20something Troll fire mage...Thats right...a member of the Horde. I never said "Hey, I want to be a member of the Horde." I was told "Pick the red guys so we can play together." All my friends were sucked into the Undead models and some how I ended up with a Troll. AND I WAS LEVELING AS A FIRE MAGE! If you know anything about "Vanilla" wow...thats one of the WORST specs to level as. As time went on I of course fell more and more in love. In TBC the guild I was in (my IRL friends had moved on to other games at this point) were all talking about how awesome Karazhan was...I wanted to try. I had the night off work and was lucky enough to be on the night one of our DPS guys coulnd't be on. They told me I had to roll frost, that fire wouldn't work for DPS. Now I PVPed HARD as fire, so I knew my deeps numbers were good...I was (and somewhat still am) a complete noob with the factor that was SOOO important for tanks back then...a little thing....called threat. It wasn't 15mins into pull that I was top of the DPS meters...and causing wipes at the same time. It was only after the main tank jumped in ventrilo and began to yell at me for a few minutes. That was the only time I got to do a LEGIT raid. Ever since then I have just done LFR stuff. A lot of this is due to my work schedule and such, until recently I never had a set schedule and couldn't plan for the raids. As far as leadership goes, I use to be in a PVP guild (Horde of course) called It Burns when I PVP. We did nothing but BGs and were a PVP only guild. I was in charge of calling out the "backgrounds", pretty much while I was roasting my targets I would watch and call out the incoming enemies for rogues and druids to stealth CC. Almost no PVE leadership exp.

2) What are you looking for in a guild?

I have wanted to raid in wow since the VERY early days...I remember watching the "More Dots" video asking myself if that's what raiding is really like. I fell IN LOVE with the idea of 5-40 people getting together, planning it out and executing it. Also the brotherhood that gets formed in the fire of not only successful raids, but the also the off nights, where wiping leads to asking "why".

3) If you had to define yourself using a single definition in Urban Dictionary, what would it be?

No idea, my IRL name is Tyler...I know super original right...but the definition I found on there back in the day was "sexy pancake"...idk about sexy but I love ALL forms of cake.

4) What do you know about Legends Anonymous and why do you want to join?

Almost nothing...I met DrLegend through a writing website and we quickly began to talk about the glory days of wow past, and the possible futures for it. After talking to him about my guildless adventures and fall throughs he told me of a magical place. A place where people become friends and gather to obtain honor and glory...also laughs, he said there is a lot of those.

5) Make us laugh, link up to (3) videos/gifs to highlight your preferred style of comedy.

This is stupid hard for me...my IRL friends fear taking me into public or meeting their family...only because it all depends on what day it is. I'm not extremely vulgar but my comedy ranges from mechanic jokes, to VERY obscure funny things...like Trailer Park Boys, or Tim and Eric...if you know those then you get what I am saying. I like to be funny and say jokes, but I usually feel out the room before I make a joke.

6) Why are you leaving your current guild?

This one is also...different...for me to answer. I have been in quite a few Horde guilds...again the schedule limited me alot...thank god thats not an issue now! The guild I just left (about 20 mins ago btw) had quite a few good guys in it. They are funny, and have helped me with a few things whenever I needed it. I got invited about 2 months ago to tank for normal Anterous, well the tank showed up (40mins late) and his excuse was "Sorry man, packed the bowl deeper than I thought". Now at first I was excited...I thought "Heck yea! this tank just blew his shot! Main tank here I come!" but everyone just laughed, then I was asked to switch and be the...4th healer... Of course I was so eager to prove myself I did it in a heart beat. We downed the first boss, of course I am going HAM, I'm sweating my butt off, got EVERYTHING on CD and my eyes are GLUED to the heal meters. I was both excited and sad at the same time...I..was at the top!?!? WTF?! I mean WHAT THE ACTUAL F?! I am only ILVL 930...I should be at the BOTTOM! I out healed our Blood DK...this should not be happening...as the night went on I quickly found out why...one of the other healers was napping during the bosses...the other ones were talking among themselves in between bong tokes...and we were still wiping.... Long story short...I found out that the "Raiding" guild I joined, and spent months proving myself to in order to get the invite to prove myself...was not a raiding guild at all...just some stoners playing around. Here is the doozy to this question...I have been Horde since day one. I don't believe I have had an alliance character over level 30. So I didn't so much leave a guild...I left my faction.

7) What do you enjoy most out of the game?

The friends...I have played all sorts of games, but the ones that have the most interaction with friends are the ones that have been the funnest. The challenge is GREAT too, but it is almost nothing without the friends and teammates to tackle it with.

8) What are your top (3) swear words/phrases that you use in casual and uncasual conversation?

I will sometimes combine words to make my "custom" curse words... F-bomb is of course on the list...Dam would prob be 2nd...3rd I will have to leave open depending on circumstance.

9) Somebody in the group (not you) is struggling with a mechanic (or overall as a raider). Do you:
a) Casually keep to yourself and allow the guild council or other members to handle it.
b) Point out the problem vaguely to not personally out the individual.
c) Reach out to a council member privately to discuss what you have seen.
d) Other (please explain)

A and then if nothing happens, B. If its something I FULLY understand I would casually bring it up and discuss it. If i don't have confidence that I know it inside and out, then my mouth will remain shut, and I will listen to someone else explain it.

10) If you have raiding experience, what was your favorite part about raiding?

The "thick of it"...the VERY few times I have done raiding (and sometimes in LFR) I find time warps...its like when you race a car. Your focused on speed SO much, but while your focused your watching EVERYTHING else...its hard to describe...lets just say the heavy breathing, screaming, keyboard pounding time when you don't know if your gonna down it or wipe it. :)

11) How dedicated are you to a raid team? IE: What are your raiding/WoW playing plans for the future?

I am VERY dedicated to find and sticking with a great group of players. So much so that about 20 minutes ago I not only realm changed my 110 paladin, but also faction changed...even if I don't get the chance to raid, I look forward to the change and the exp that comes from it. FOR THE HOR--ALLIANCE!

12) Tell us anything about yourself outside of the game.

I am 26. I live in the corn state of USA...AKA Indiana. My friends call me a hybrid. I am nerdy with books and games, but love guns and shooting, and wrenching and building cars. I have a 97 civic that is just a turd, but I B20 swapped it and put in an LS 5 speed. Pretty much a cheap tinker toy until after we buy the house...then I am looking to build my first turbo car. I'm fan of WH40k and WH, D&D both in book and table top form, Roll20 included. As for games, wow of course takes up a lot of my time..but I have had a dream of playing ALL the final fantasy games...so far 3 and 7 are done and 6 was started earlier this month. (great game so far) I have been with my Fiance for 10 years, we have lived together for 9 of those years. Currently we are looking for a house and hoping to be in one by the end of this year. Next year will be our wedding. No kids yet THANK GOD.

13) Who would win in a fight? Robocop or a Minotaur. Explain your answer. Feel free to link any charts or analytics that you have prepared in the past.

No clue, never thought of it...but I feel that Murhpy would have more spirit for the fight. Me and a few friends always argue over who would win in a fight against Goku and Superman...although WE ALL KNOW...Goku ALWAYS wins.

14) Please link to your WoW Armory and your Battletag.

Battle tag is Clekonitis#1538 Can't link armory yet, not until after faction and realm change is complete

15) What times would you be available for a personal interview in Discord?

Most weekdays after 5:30PM Indiana time of course. Days might vary depending on new realtor's schedule.

DrLegend

Guild Master
Thank you Tyler! Despite your clear lack of knowledge in the science and fiction department regarding Goku vs Superman, I guess we'll schedule an interview soon.