Office BLIZZCON 2018 Info Thread

DrLegend

Guild Master
1521737515014.png
I Bet You Won’t Suck His Dick Edition​

The time has come Legends... The countdown to the most anticipated 2 days of your lives has begun. 2015 was the beginning. 2016 we reigned supreme, and 2017 was our best year yet and that’s why we’re ramping for the greatest show on earth…

Legends Anonymous will return to Blizzcon 2018.

What is Blizzcon?
BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes. The tenth BlizzCon will take place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California sometime in November 2018 (tentative dates of November 9th – 10th ).

In addition to serving as a gathering place for Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, BlizzCon will offer attendees a chance to enjoy:
Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
Community contests with great prizes
Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
More activities and attractions to be announced on www.blizzcon.com

Why should I go to Blizzcon?
Umm... Because it's awesome. It's literally everything you love or have ever loved about your favorite Blizzard games into a 48-hour non-stop party. Not only that, but you'll get to spend time with your favorite GMs and the greatest guild that has ever existed. What more do you need?

So far so good, but what about the cost? It sounds expensive.
Indeed it is. Blizzcon is an exclusive event that puts you on the ground floor with the people that have and continue to create everything you know and love. Can you really put a price on awesome? Well, they sure did. The cost breakdown is going to go something like this:

- Blizzcon ticket: $200 (estimated based on last year's cost)
- Local room for 2 days: $250-$400 (depending on location and room type)
- Flight: $100-$500 (depending on distance)
- Travel to/from airport: $20 - $40 per trip
- Food and leisure: $50-$200

It's safe to say you could very well spend $1,000 on the entire experience but that's a small price to pay for the experience of a lifetime.

Money's kind of tight, I'm not sure I can spend $1,000 outright for a 4 day trip
Well, when you look at it that way it might be bad but think about it like this. Blizzcon is approximately 11 months away. If you start saving right now, it will only cost $90 per month.

But I don't even have an extra $20 per month
Sell plasma, sperm or your own body. It's a lot easier than you think and the pay is great... Or so I hear.

Hell, if Shekoda was able to make the trip, I'm sure anyone and everyone else can afford it.

Alright, alright. You sold me on Blizzcon. But this is my first trip to Southern California. What other things are available in the area?
There is a ton of stuff going on that you wouldn't be able to fit into a month let alone a weekend. Events are happening all the time and your gracious Guild Master will ensure that every day is jam packed full of fun and entertainment.

We will be hosting specific events such our as 4th Annual Legends Anonymous Banquet at Buca di Beppo as well as some other fun events party into high gear. Just leave it to us for all of your entertainment needs.

Okay, how do we get this started?
Sadly, the fun train starts and stops the day tickets go on sale. You've got to be like ninjas man. There's only a bleak 5-10 second window from the second tickets go on sale that separates the attendees from the atten-don'ts. Ticket sales are limited to 4 per person/account. I myself will be purchasing as many tickets as possible. My wife and I have been extraordinarily lucky in the last 2 years acquiring tickets and we hope to have more than enough to go around this year. We will go over the details of assigning the extra ticket at a later time.

To ensure everyone has a fair chance, we simply ask that everyone be responsible for purchasing their own ticket. Of course, some of us aren't that lucky but don't fret. Last year with the combined might of 4 determined guidlies (and one super lucky wife) we were able to get tickets for EVERYONE that wanted to go so count your blessings, Legends Anonymous will have you covered.

To ensure fairness, extra ticket assignments will be granted on a first come, first serve basis. As soon as I receive official confirmation from you about your desire to attend, you will be placed on a list and when it is time to assign extra tickets, they will be given out in the order in which attendees have signed up.

Scalpers make Blizzcon their target every year so if you're extremely determined and money is not an object than expect to pay 2-3X the face value after the first few weeks. Tickets usually drop in price in the coming months leading up to Blizzcon so they may dip to just 50% over face value.

As a last resort, my wonderful connections within Blizzard itself will allow us to purchase several tickets directly from the employees. I'm hoping it won't come down to this but it's nice to have an emergency backup option when needed.

What are some other ways to off-set the cost of our trip?
Legends Anonymous will be partying in style as we did last year. We plan on renting a house for the week. There are plenty of incredible options available literally right behind the Convention Center. This will significantly reduce the cost of the stay to approximately $150-250 per person for the entire duration of the trip.

Here are some of the choice options we have available this year:

2016 House: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p580729vb
2017 House: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p431945vb
2018 House Options (no more than 1/3 mile from Convention Center):

Buying airline tickets in advance is the best way to ensure you get the best price. Southwest usually holds quarterly ticket sales around major holidays with round trip fares as low as $100. Make sure to keep an eye out and sign up for their newsletters so you don't miss out.

Is there anything else I should know before I pack my bags?
We will be hosting several meetings between the time of ticket purchase and up until a week before the convention. Please check the BlizzCon 2018 Discord thread for all of the latest and up to date information.

Alright, I know you guys had a good time last year. But what are you doing to make this year even better?
I'm glad you asked voice in my head.

Instead of jamming in a week's worth of fun into 3 days, we are going to plan events for the ENTIRE WEEK of Blizzcon.

Staring on the Tuesday before the con, we will have a variety of fun things planned to ensure everyone has the time of their lives. We know we're all there for Blizzcon but half of the fun is seeing the show with your bestest friends and guildies from all over the world.

Below is a sample itinerary of what we're cooking up (times/dates/events subject to change):

Tuesday November 6th
  • Arrival Day (pick people up from airport)
  • Welcome BBQ
Wednesday November 7th
  • Amusement Park Visit (Disneyland)
  • Escape Room Visit
Thursday November 8th
  • Blizzcon Pre-Hype Party
  • Pick up our badges
  • Pre-Con Shopping
  • Legends Anonymous Banquet Dinner
Friday November 9th
  • BLIZZCON 2018
Saturday November 10th
  • BLIZZCON 2018

The hype train to Blizzcon is boarding now! Post below to let us know if you're interested and we'll take the reins from here.

We're looking forward to another exciting event and proving to the world why Legends Anonymous is the greatest guild in the whole of Azeroth!

As far as sign ups go, this is who we have currently on the list (in order of sign up on Discord):

- Nova
- Andrastie
- Granmumper
- FShack
- Zelgadys
- Festo
- Manastorm
- Barkers
- Buji
- Shekoda

Anyone above, please confirm below. If you're a "maybe" or would like to be moved into the "definitely going" category, please sign up below

Last edited: